Monday, September 19, 2016

9/19/16 Self-Driving Cars on the Road - Theresa Dvorocsik

http://time.com/4500687/self-driving-cars-white-house-department-of-transportation/?xid=homepage

     This article is about the future of self-driven cars and the Federal Government's stance on it. 
     Last week, Uber began offering free rides in self-driving cars to customers in Pittsburgh. This mad it the the first company in the U.S. to offer use of the vehicles to the public. Do not worry, the cars have a person sitting in the driver’s seat ready to handle situations beyond the abilities of the computer. 
     The Federal Government believes that they should be in charge of regulating self-driving cars - not the states - since the vehicles are now turning into computers instead of people. Automakers should also be allowed to self-certify the safety of autonomous vehicles while following a 15-point list of targets for safe design, development, testing and deployment.
     I think this is very interesting to me. I just got my learners permit and in about a year I hope to get my drivers license. I believe that my generation is the last to have cars driven by people. This is very exciting, and should plummet the number of cars wrecks every year. 

5 comments:

  1. I agree that this is very exiting especially because our generation will definitely be more advanced in the end plus for maybe people who are barely learning to drive it might be somthing that can help them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super exciting!!! I think its amazing how advanced our technology is getting. It can also be very super beneficial for multiple reasons, its an overall good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its amazing how advanced our technology will become. but in my opinion, I wouldn't feel very safe driving one mainly because not everyone will have one and though the automatic cars know exactly what they are doing it doesn't mean certain people without them do. but oh well I still think its awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont like this idea because I've been waiting my whole life to actually drive

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely an amazing type of technology and hopefully the cars will be safer than the humans that are currently driving cars. I think it will take many years before everyone has these types of cars but it is definitely exciting.

    ReplyDelete