Saturday, September 17, 2016

Jessica Ball- Current Events 4


Current Events: Explosive Device in New Jersey Beach Town

                Today before a race in Seaside Park, New Jersey, an explosive device went off inside of a trashcan on the race track. Luckily the race was delayed so nobody got injured, because if it hadn’t been postponed then a very large amount of runners would have gone by, and been hurt. Authorities decided to cancel it for safety reasons. Another suspicious object was found along the track, and bomb dogs are looking for any others. Police have closed off the area for the safety of civilians and are further investigating the situation.

                I hope whoever planted the bomb gets caught because I bet the whole community is very stressed out by the situation.  Hopefully if there are any more bombs, they will be found so nobody will end up being injured. I really don’t get why someone would want to hurt a group of people that they don’t know, that are just trying to do something good for themselves. Imaging training so hard for a race to get back in shape, and then you end up losing a leg because of a bomb. That would be a very unfortunate situation, but hopefully it can be prevented.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/17/us/nj-explosive-trash-can/index.html

7 comments:

  1. I am glad that nobody got hurt. I agree that if there are any more bombs, they should be found so their are no injuries or deaths. This event definitely brings up the question why and who set the bomb in the first place. I also hope whomever planted the bomb is caught.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank god they closed it off, we don't need more people getting harmed. Whoever planted these destructive devices will be found, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank god they closed it off, we don't need more people getting harmed. Whoever planted these destructive devices will be found, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great that no one got hurt, and I hope the police find whoever planted the bombs. I wonder why they planted the bombs in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to hear no one got hurt! It was a smart decision to close it off I believe. Bombs cause so many problems. I know we need them for certain things, but... it's hard to hear stories like this one and not be fond of them. I hope they catch whoever placed the bomb and I hope the person realizes how crazy it is to want to hurt someone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad no one got hurt, but this makes me wonder if this has any relations to the bombs in Chelsea, New York.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a relief it is that no one got hurt

    ReplyDelete