Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Violence in Charlotte

Yari Collins

2 black men were shot and killed in a week. Keith Lamont Scott died. His wife recorded the encounter with the police and took her to jail. Justin Carr died during the protest of that incident. People are protesting also because the police officer Brentley Vinson is free.

I think that this has become a serious problem in the world. I don't understand why she shot him if his hands were up. We have to many situations like this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/two-lives-in-charlotte-cut-short-by-violence-are-forever-linked/2016/09/26/c959e594-8360-11e6-92c2-14b64f3d453f_story.html

3 comments:

  1. This isn't the first scenario we've had like this, and it makes me feel really frustrated considering we've come so far since the Civil Rights Movement but we still have so much more to achieve. My heart goes out not only for the victims of Keith Lamont Scott and Justin Carr but the families of all black people who are hurt by police brutality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sad that this is all happening in Charlotte. But I agree with you I think this violence needs to stop, especially involving the police.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want the officer to be punished for his actions so others see that it is NOT okay. Why must it be that someone who is supposed to protect us is harming the people? I wish the best of luck for these families.

    ReplyDelete