Monday, November 19, 2012

"It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's A ... Guy In A Giraffe Suit?" By: Sydney Magnall

      What would you do if you saw a man in a giraffe suit doing random acts of kindness? Well as odd as it sounds, Armstrong Baillie from Dundee actually does this. The funny thing is this idea came to him while he "was on the loo" when he wondered "what would happen if I dressed up as a giraffe and went around doing good deeds?" He followed through with his idea and now once a week he does random acts of kindness whether it be picking up trash or taking toys to a children's hospital. Baillie says, "it makes me happy when I see the difference in people when they see me in the suit. It makes them happy and it makes me feel cheery." 
      I think this is the weirdest good thing that I have heard of. I think its really cool that he is doing this and I find it funny that he thought of this idea while he was on the toilet.
       http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/11/18/165290068/its-a-bird-its-a-plane-its-a-guy-in-a-giraffe-suit

8 comments:

  1. This is really cute and wierd! More people though should be as kind as him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an unusual thing to do. I wonder why he wants to dress as a giraffe, but I love the thought behind it. If more people went out of their way to do nice things for others it would be a wonderful place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so amazing! Reading about this guy makes me smile, as I bet his giraffe costume makes others do as well. This guy does not want to be recognized for his acts of kindness, but only wants to put a smile on people's faces. Good for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This man may be crazy but very smart too! Going around helping people is one good thing, but also making people laugh while you are doing it is a bonus. Along with his good deeds, he's making peoples days a little bit brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute and amazing. He just does it to make people happy which is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is extremely touching. Not only did he have a heart to give back, but he an unique way in doing it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome I would have took a picture with him!! It was really sweet of him to do that though.

    ReplyDelete