Monday, November 26, 2012

The Queen's Perfect Jubilee Year Finish by Kendall Ray

     As the Queen of England's grand Jubilee year comes to a close, it receives a hall-of-fame finish. Just recently, four glorious portraits of Queen Elizabeth went on display in her home. These works of art were done by none other than Andy Warhol. Nice one, Queen!
     These Warhol-esque projects are diamond crusted because of the Queen's royal nature. They are of course done in a playful way with the experimentation of colors and on made on screenprints. These projects are only some of all the art that has been aquired for Queen Elizabeth made by various painter, sculptors and all-around artists.
     Queen and art fanatics alike are all raving about what they've seen. It is a perfect way to end this year. I know I would love to see this fantastic work!


Analysis: I found this article very cool considering what a art freak I am. Not to mention that Andy Warhol is in my top 5 artists. I know that if I were the Queen, I would be ecstatic. I mean, what girl doesn't want a shrine of creative endeavors where she was the muse?!

Original Article: http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/26/world/europe/queen-elizabeth-portraits-exhibition/index.html

3 comments:

  1. I was at the Queen's Jubilee. Very funny! Me and my friends were being very patriotic. God save the Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amaria Stern
    It is very nice to how much respect the Queen is given through art. Because of the school we all attend, I'm sure we all appreciate the artistic dedication given to the Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very right! I agree with you 100%. I found this article particularly interesting due to the major art theme. And I mean, c'mon, you can't wrong with the Queen. Especially if it involves Andy Warhol. (This definitely says a lot about me).

    ReplyDelete