Monday, November 19, 2012

NO MORE TWINKIES!!!!!!!!! Jose Lopez 4th prd.

"We just don't have the financial  resources to survive an ongoing national strike", said Rayburn in a statement Wednesday. " therefore employees should return to work by 5:00 pm., EST, on Thursday to restore the normal operation. The deadline came about and went without workers

The strike began Nov. 9, when the company imposed a contract that would cut workers wages by 8%. Millers International Union also said it would cut down on benefits by 27 to 32%. so several workers decided to strike. This strike will cause the closure of 33 bakeries, 565 distribution centers approximately 5,500 delivery routes and 570 bakery outlets in the united states.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANALYSIS:

That's allot to me. What are your opinions about this.

I honestly think they should save the Twinkies, but I also dont want the workers to be working there for less.

It's a hard dilemma. ..



  http://abcnews.go.com/Business/twinkies-maker-hostess-liquidate-company-strike/story?id=17736898#.UKrod-RxiO0                             PHOTO: A photo of a twin pack of Hostess Twinkies.

3 comments:

  1. twinkies are my life! but i would rather the workers be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about this and I think its crazy that after they have been around for so long they are going to be gone!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe this is happening. I hope everything turns out okay in the end.

    ReplyDelete