Sunday, September 30, 2012

"QR Codes For Headstones Keep Dearly Departed Close" by Sydney Magnall

       Did you ever think that QR codes would make it to the grave stone? Well now technology is making its way to the cemetery. People such as Lori Miller are starting to add these to their families graves stones. People think this is a good thing because it will make you stay close to the loved ones you lost. Not only that, but you can also learn about others as you walk through the cemetery!  Lori Miller says, "Now I feel that I come out, and I put my smartphone on, and I can look at my mom and say, 'Mom, what were you thinking when you wore that hairdo years ago?' 'I remember when we bought that dress.' I think you can better feel, and walk away feeling better – maybe even laughing, sometimes," she says." 
     I think this is a very weird change, but a good weird change. I think a lot of good things will come out of this change.

http://www.npr.org/2012/09/29/162011967/qr-codes-for-headstones-keep-dearly-departed-close

2 comments:

  1. It is very interesting to see where and what technology has come to. It seems that there is truly an app for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is... interesting. I don't see why you would ever need it but i guess people will be people. Great article!

    ReplyDelete