Monday, September 24, 2012

Rescued Endangered Sea Turtle-Kennedi Mayes


A 7 foot long, 655 pound male endangered sea turtle got caught in a mud flat near Cape Cod. A group of volunteers and professionals helped take it to the Marine Center where it was treated for its ‘near death’ state. One of its flippers was severed from an attack or collision with a motor boat. Almost 20 leatherback turtle have died from accidents like this. Fortunately though, this turtle was saved and is recovering.
I really like turtles and i want a little mini turtle myself, so to hear that one was saved just warms my heart.

My link to this awesomeness:

http://news.yahoo.com/rescued-655-pound-sea-turtle-released-205700818--abc-news-tech.html

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the turtle is okay :D! Love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sea turtles! Its sad that so many have died from inccidents like this but its great they saved this one!

    ReplyDelete