Monday, December 16, 2013

A Bond That Grows Strong by Anna Pickett

     Kevin Conboy saw ambulances going to his son's high school and immediately texted his son. A student at the school came in with a gun and shot another student. The father and son messaged each other over 70 more times. The messages made the father and son build a stronger bond and relationship.
      I'm glad Conboy and his son were able to form a closer bond, but I don't like what was happening while the relationship grew strong. It's awful that there are so many school shootings, and how easily it can happen. I bet Conboy was terrified to see ambulances race to the school. I hope that the relationship between Conboy and his son will continue to grow stronger.
Source: http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/16/us/arapahoe-father-son-texts/index.html?hpt=us_c2

2 comments:

  1. I agree; although I fortunately haven't experienced something like this before, I can just imagine how it would make people appreciate the people they love even more. But it's sad that something like a school shooting has to be the thing to bring people closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katelyn you are totally right and being in a situation like that would make me more appreciative for my friends and family, I think just knowing/thinking you're about today can really change your mind set.

    ReplyDelete