Tuesday, December 10, 2013

People living on mars! By: Eleanor E-W

A Dutch company has built technology to take people to Mars! To live on it.  200,000 people have signed up to go--although only four are actually going. The project is going to be launched in 2018, and they are hoping that people will actually leave Earth in 2025. The four people who go to mars will not ever come back because the company thinks a one way trip will be much cheaper.

Wow! I had no idea that people on mars could be so close in the future.  I think it would be really amazing to travel to mars, but I would never want to go if I couldn't come back--I like Earth. I think it will be really fascinating if this mission actually succeeds.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/10/tech/innovation/mars-one-plan/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah!
    this is really cool! i have always wanted to go to space but i wouldn't want to be gone forever
    i kinda like it here
    this planet is good

    ReplyDelete
  3. One way trip? Sounds a bit off to me. they just leve you there! TOO DIE. Then again, it is space....
    blah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I agree, I wouldn't participate in anything like this unless I could come back. But it would be pretty awesome to go up there when you are about to die anyway and spend your last days in space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard of this idea SOOOOOO many times before, but the idea is actually very scary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I agree this seems very sketchy, a one way trip ha......ya right this is probably just a stunt....sad because I was getting excited!!

    ReplyDelete