Thursday, December 19, 2013

Remarks about gays prompt suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star - Allie Gonzales

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/19/showbiz/duck-dynasty-suspension/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Summary:
Is this man simply expressing his beliefs or spewing bigotry? Either way, Phil Robertson, the patriarch in A&E's "Duck Dynasty," won't be duck calling on air anytime soon. The network suspended him after he made controversial remarks about gays in a magazine interview."It seems like, to me, a vagina -- as a man -- would be more desirable than a man's anus. That's just me. I'm just thinking: There's more there! She's got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I'm saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical," he's quoted as saying.
When asked what he thought was sinful, Robertson replied: "Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men."But homosexuals aren't alone, Robertson said. "Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers -- they won't inherit the kingdom of God. Don't deceive yourself. It's not right."
 
Analysis:
In my opinion I feel Mr. Roberts shouldnt have said those things knowing how popular he is. He should've known what he was getting himself into by saying what he had said. I hope he learns his lesson.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment