Monday, December 2, 2013

Sirian migrants saved from off Itialy's cost by Sam Stromness

Recently two Italian rescue ships saved a boat full of over a hundred Sirian migrants looking to escape the war. Many of the passangers were woman and children and all were exausted after severe storms hit during their journey. These passengers are lucky to be alive as of earlier this year over 400 Siran migrants died trying to flee to Italy by boat because of bad weather that caused the ships to wreck and people to be drowned.

I am glad they were able to rescue all those people especially after many before them haven't been quite so lucky. It's terrible that these people's country is in a state where so many are trying to flee. I think being able to come to anew country is a great thing for them and I wish that everyone could have a chance like that and not have to risk their lives in the process.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25182079

1 comment:

  1. I agree - I'm glad that those people could get to Italy safely, but also that the Italian government saved them. It's great that Italy could welcome them so warmly, instead of unhappily because they were migrants. I agree that everyone deserves the chance to go wherever they want in the world, and I wish other governments could understand that and be so accepting.

    ReplyDelete