Sunday, December 1, 2013

Lion Attacks Lioness by Anna Pickett

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2013/11/18/dnt-lion-kills-lioness-at-zoo.wfaa.html

Two lions at the Dallas Zoo attacked and killed a lioness while visitors watched. It looked like they were playing at first, but the lioness was struggling against the male lions. One of the male lions had his mouth around her neck for a few minute until she stopped struggling. People don't know what caused them to attack.
This is just...different. It's too bad that kids had to see that happening, even though they were probably rushed away quickly. Every time I think of lions, I think of Lion King, so this is sort of weird to think about... I really feel bad for the witnesses and the people who took care of the lioness!

7 comments:

  1. This is so gross and scary and bad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like they would get such violent lions for the zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They probably need to start putting the lions in different pens to prevent this from happening. Super sad..

    ReplyDelete
  4. But then you don't get to see them in their somewhat natural habitat. And besides, I think the lions could've been on medication and/or thinking she was from a different group of lions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is awful and I'm interested in how they dealt with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sad. I think it's horrible that kids had to see that happen. I think this may have happened because the lions were feeling stressed due to the small spaces they're kept in. I hope people can find a way to keep this from happening again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't imagine that this would happen. I can't believe the kids had to see it too.

    ReplyDelete