Saturday, November 9, 2013

Man finally found 30 years after his crime By Katelyn McLane

In 1985, a plane (Flight 451) was hijacked. The hijacker, William Potts threatened to kill everyone on the plane if the pilot didn't take him to Cuba. He expected to be treated like a hero in Cuba, but ended up being sent to prison for 15 years for hijacking the plane. After doing his time, Potts married a woman and had two daughters in Cuba. He eventually sent his daughters to America, and started to feel bad about hijacking the plane. Potts finally confessed, almost 30 years later, to the U.S.A. about hijacking Flight 451. He is currently awaiting trials, but thinks that he shouldn't be punished severely since he already did his time in Cuba.

It's good that Potts finally confessed, but I think it took way to long for that to happen. He talked about how he couldn't believe he had almost taken all those people's lives on the plane that day. I think it's amazing what change can happen to a person's mind in their lifetime. I'm glad this man regrets threatening the pilot and passengers, however, and I wonder if it was the Cuban jail that finally knocked some sense into Potts' head.

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/06/world/americas/cuba-american-hijacker-returns/index.html?hpt=ila_c2

6 comments:

  1. I agree it is good that he confessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think that it's good he confessed but it's a little late... Trying to kill everyone and hijacking a plane is really harsh, selfish, and can cause many consequences.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad he confessed, but he's kind of late with his confession.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because of how late he took with his confession, I wonder if anyone actually feels any peace with it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad he confessed but what I don't understand is hoe someone is able to get away with something this long!

    ReplyDelete