Thursday, November 21, 2013

Women held for 30 years By Becca Hodge

Three women were discovered after being held in slavery for more than 30 years. This is the longest the police have faced with modern day slavery. The two people help under the charges for the slavery of these women were arrested. The three women were found after they called a charity and asked for help.

I think this is very strange. That these women were slaves for more than 30 years and in a normal home in South London and no one knew. These people responsible for this must be out of their minds, I hope they get helped.

Source

3 comments:

  1. It's amazing that how even though we think slavery is behind us, it's still really prevalent in many parts of the world. I agree, I think this is strange, and I'm surprised they were held captive for so long. It's really good that there are charities out there like the one they phoned to help people in this kind of situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank the Lord they now have their freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's horrible!!! I didn't know it even existed in London!

    ReplyDelete