Monday, October 31, 2016

Hope for Peanut Allergies by Victoria Valdez

Peanut allergies are a very serious issue which can turn deadly quickly.  People with this allergy cannot be around even a trace of peanuts.  However, there is now hope for this type of allergy.  Researchers have developed a patch that might help with peanut reactions.  The patch releases peanut proteins into the skin which build a tolerance.  After testing, the patch proves more effective on children than on older people.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/31/health/peanut-allergy-skin-patch/

This is an interesting development in peanut allergies.  This can give so many people hope to avoid a potentially deadly reaction to peanuts.  I'm sure the parents of small children will be equally excited that this product is in development.  Maybe one day peanut allergies can be a thing of the past.

3 comments:

  1. Although I am not actually allergic to anything, as far as I know, I think this is a great idea and I hope this helps anyone with peanut allergies get over it!
    Ian Hille 2nd period

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me so happy, especially since I have peanut allergies! I hope this thing follows through for all who are allergic. It sounds like we're one step closer to a more technologically enhanced and innovative world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This could be a much better long term solution than the epi-pen, but also dangerous for people who have a super high sensitivity to peanuts.

    ReplyDelete