Monday, October 31, 2016

Ian Hille current events 5 2nd period

The Lithuanian government just recently released a guide to all of its citizens on how to protect themselves and their country from Russian invasion. The fear of Russian invasion has always been a threat to Lithuania, because they once were taken over by Russia. My mom and my grandma, my mom is 1/2 Lithuanian but my grandma's parents were both from Lithuania, say they both remember  thinking that Lithuania would never get its independence from Russia when they would read the newspaper and listen to the news when they were younger. I think that this is a justified worry on Lithuania's part just given the fact of their past conflicts with Russia.

Sources: cnn.com/2016/Europe/Lithuania-war-manual/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment