Sunday, October 28, 2012

Florida Teen Accused of Murder by Sydney May

Sydney May

     In Florida, not too long ago, 18 year old Benjamin K. Bishop murdered his mother and her boyfriend and then called the police to surrender. According to my article, the boy had had cases of mentality in the past, and was on probation for an incident in 2011 when he struck his mother and tried to strangle her. Apparently, on this day, he came into his mother's room while she was with her boyfriend, shot them both, reloaded the gun, and shot them again to death. He proceeded to dial 911 and surrender telling the cops all that he had done. He told them the whole story from start to finish; from the arguments about paying rent to getting angry to shooting them both. His friend had bought the gun a few days before, claiming that they were going to use it for safety from gangs, and since then, two lives have unfortunately been taken away.
      This article was written by the NBC news staff, and I found it to be very factual, not leaning towards any party. It was written for all audiences, in my opinion, as there were not a lot of violent images given forth about the story. I believe that this article was written to inform the public. There was no bias, and I found it to be an interesting, scary read. I feel awful for the whole family, as two are now deceased, and one is left with the guilt.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/28/14759142-florida-teen-accused-of-killing-mom-boyfriend-in-their-bedroom?lite

5 comments:

  1. Thats so scary! I also feel bad for his family, and his friend i wonder if he was in on it, or he really was clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's unbelievable! If he attempted to strangle his mother before, the police should've had a closer watch on him. He also should've been going to therapy if he wasn't. That's so sad that he would do that to his own mother and her boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's cool that he called the police right after he comitted the crime. I always thought that if I wanted to murder someone and get away with it, I could just call and report the death myself... anyways, he clearly had problems and will regret this for the rest of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing that he actually admitted it. If he didn't, more lives may be in danger.

    ReplyDelete