Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Landslide Kills Children in Peru's Jungle by: Rachel Devine


          In Peru, there was recently a landslide in the San Martin tropical forest. Heavy rains set off the natural disaster and the landslide destroyed many houses and a large bridge. Reportedly so far, 6 people have already been recovered and 5 have died. Residents are working with civil defense officials and the military to find more victims in the rubble. Peru’s government is sending humanitarian aid to help these poor Peruvians recover.

          I feel very bad for the poor families that were affected in this landslide. On top of their economic problems, Peru now has to deal with this natural disaster. I’m glad the military and civil defense officials are stepping in to help fix this misfortune. I hope the Peruvians can recover quickly from this and I wish I could help them!

No comments:

Post a Comment