Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy kills one in Jamaica by: Halle Van De Hey


Hurricane Sandy kills one in Jamaica

         In this article CNN reports about how hurricane Sandy has affected Jamaica. 70 percent of the island was without power. Many people are trying to do what they can to stay out of the storm, like going to shelters, or trying to evacuate out of Jamaica. Jamaica first experienced the hurricane last Wednesday. They had terribly strong winds, and torrents of rain. In result of this hurricane one man has died. The storm sent a boulder tumbling down a hill, and it killed the man instantly. Luckily that has been the only death, and everyone is hoping it is the last. The storm is not expected to end soon, and is expected to do more damage.

         This article is devastating, but very informative. I think it informed me on what is happening around the world, and it also made me realize that there are so many places around the world being affected everyday by things no one pays attention to, like this hurricane. This article made me appreciate everything we have because all of these places being affected by the hurricane don’t have the structures to with stand the water, and wont have the money to fix it after the storm is gone. This piece of writing was very informative, and I think it was a great learning experience for many people.

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/24/world/americas/tropical-weather-sandy/index.html


2 comments:

  1. Hurricane Sandy is getting more and more devastating. I hope all the people can be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did my article on this too. I pray that everyone is okay and safe!

    ReplyDelete