Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Borders over family by Sam Stromness

This article focused on just one of many families who has been separated by the U.S. sub par immigration system. A family in Florida where both parents were illegal immigrants was separated, first their Mother, then their Father five years later. The children suffered from a variety of mental conditions because of the trauma of losing both their parents. This particular story helps provide more evidence of the flaws in our immigration systems.

This subject is one that is very close to my heart and I think this article just reinforces my opinions on this matter. I have a cousin who recently married someone from China, however while her husband did all that he was supposed was unable to get a visa because the U.S. Embassy lost his papers. He was forced to live in fear because of a flaw in the system. I understand that it's not nearly as simple as I may think it is,but I still firmly believe immigration laws need to be changed and adjusted because they are causing far to many families and loved ones to be separated because of them.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/26/us/immigration-parents-deported-children-left-behind/index.html?hpt=ila_c2

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Our government needs to stop being so afraid of immigrants and start seeing them as people with needs and lives just like themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think imigrants are good because we can all learn from each other

    ReplyDelete