Monday, October 28, 2013

Questions about the NSA spying by: Eleanor E-W

Recently it was revealed that the NSA has been using technology to inappropriately collect to much private information. People are trying to figure out who knew about it and how it was authorized. One of the biggest questions is whether or not President Obama knew about it.  The article presents evidence that supports him not knowing about it, and evidence that supports him knowing about it. So basically, it is still unclear. The article also talks about what Obama and the US are doing to try to deal with it.  According to the article he has ordered a "review of surveillance capabilities".

I think it's incredibly creepy that the NSA did this. I think we should be trying to unearth the truth about it--how it was authorized and who knew about. I like President Obama, and I hope that he was not really involved in this.

Source:http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/28/politics/nsa-spying-key-questions/index.html?hpt=us_c2

2 comments:

  1. I think that this is a really creepy thing to do as well. I hope it's just a hoax and not true, I can't see why they would need all this private information without something such as a law case as an excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why just why! Did we as a country ask them to do this! They need to draw a line between protecting us (including our privacy) and just plain breaking into our personal lives! I get they're trying to find terrorists, but that is NOT the way to do it!

    ReplyDelete