Thursday, October 31, 2013

Drug tunnel found by Becca Hodge


A tunnel connecting San Diego, California to Tijuana, mexico was found. Police discovered more than 80 tons of Marijuana and 325 pounds of cocaine while in search of the tunnel. More than 75 tunnels have been located since 2008 that have connected the US to Mexico. This particular tunnel had electricity, ventilation and a rail system. It was described as "just completed" according to an ICE statement.

I find it very strange that these tunnels were only just found but have been under construction for quite some time. My questions are, who built it? why? how long has it taken to be completed? How did they build this massive tunnel without being noticed?

6 comments:

  1. This is so strange. I wonder the exact same things espesically why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Building a tunnel without being noticed? That sounds impossible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! This is very frightening! I don't see how it could be built either!

      Delete
  3. I agree. It's a mystery how a fancy tunnel like this could be built without anyone noticing anything. It's scary, too, how many drugs were found in the tunnel. It's definitely not good, so I hope that we can find a way to prevent this from happening more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I wonder why no one noticed this drug tunnel being built? Also I wonder if there are any more tunnels like this being built or have already been completed? If so, people should probably be looking out so we can stop this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how can they build a tunnel like that and not be noticed, it must have taken them a while

    ReplyDelete