Monday, October 14, 2013

Tips to block ads in movies: Reagan Leslie

Do you think the ads before the movie are annoying, try chewing on some popcorn. A recent study has shown that when a person is chewing, it can block those persuasive advertisements, especially the ones that comes before the movie starts. The researches' reason is already straight to the point enough. They did the study by putting 96 people in a movie theatre. Half of the people received free popcorn and the other half received a sugar cube. A lot of advertisements were shown. After more research, they figured out that the people with popcorn had a more positive effect than the ones with a sugar cube. I honestly agree with this research. I agree with it because you can related, and I can really relate because I personally don't like the many commercials they shows before the movie starts. For me, I show up 10 minutes before the movie starts so it can start sooner. Source: http://news.yahoo.com/chewing-popcorn-could-block-ads--influence-in-movies--new-study-finds-125901084.html

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like really unreliable evidence, but maybe it's true. I read somewhere once that flashing ads on billboards sometimes take data from the people they sense looking (like age, gender, etc) to show ads that they think will be most appealing. Maybe in this case chewing affects this sensing in a way that causes it not to show as many ads. I'm not sure if this is correct, though...

    ReplyDelete