Sunday, October 20, 2013

Mystery Girl by Anna Pickett

     A 4-year old girl was discovered with a Roma couple by the police. This couple was pretending to be the girl's parents. Because of the distinct difference between the girl and her "parents," the police began questioning the couple. They continually changed the story of how they got her. When a genetic test showed that the couple and the girl were not related, the police took the girl away and took her to a charity called "The Smile of the Child." They are trying to find her biological parents now.
     I hope they find the girl's parents. I think it's awful that the couple possibly abducted this child and then lied to the police about how they got her. Apparently, the woman in the couple was registered to have had 10 children, while the man has had 4. I don't think any of these children were there along with the 4-year-old. I hope the little girl is safe now.
Source: http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/19/world/europe/greece-mystery-child/index.html?hpt=ieu_c1

5 comments:

  1. Thats just awful. I cant even imagine having my child being with a crazy couple pretending to be his or her parents. Who would even do that thinking they wouldn't get caught? i really hope this girl is okay now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is crazy!! I could only I imagine what the poor little girl went through

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only do I hope the girl is safe, but I hope that all those other children get taken away from that couple too. I could only imagine how depressed the children's biological parents are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would think that the fake parents of the girl would be content with however many kids they already had. They could have just adopted a kid instead of stealing one. That's just stupid to think that you could get away with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what the thought process was of the people that took her? I can't imagine any circumstances under which I would be able to kidnap a child and justify it in my head! Hopefully they will find the girl's parent's soon, or a home for her.

    ReplyDelete