Sunday, October 20, 2013

Walk like a Zombie! By Madelyn Winkelman

On Saturday over 15,000 people participated in the 4th annual 'Zombie Walk, in the streets of Santiago Chile. This tradition took place in Sacramento California for the first time in 2001 and has made its way to major cities across the globe. The Zombie Walk is to represent equality and encourage tolerance for Zombie Culture....yes, its a real thing.


I think this is a pretty cool thing! To be able to spend an entire day with gruesome makeup and drenched in fake blood honestly sounds like a blast! If Dallas ever had its own Zombie Walk I would most definitely take part of it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/chile/10392072/Zombies-walk-the-streets-of-Santiago.html

6 comments:

  1. I think this is pretty weird. We're acknowledging the history of something completely fake, and making it seem that we might actually be zombies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's probably because zombies are really popular right now, but it makes you wonder if there are people out there who really believe in zombies or think that we're turning into them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First it was Vampires and Werewolves (Twilight, Vampire Dairies, Teen Wolf) now it Zombies (Walking Dead, Warm Bodies, World War Z) and I'm not surprised at all. I wish I could do something like this. It sounds cool but my parents probably wouldn't let me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is pretty cool! Oh well if people believe in zombies. Everyone has they're on beliefs. I personally would love to attend something this weird/ fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't control what others believe, so just let them have fun! Its just a fad and people will probably get over it soon, but while its here enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a little weird that some people do it for "acceptance of zombie culture" and not just a silly way to have fun, but other than that I think it sounds pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete