Monday, December 12, 2016

Aeva Ramirez, Keelan Murray

Keelan Murray was shot at 1:30 p.m. at his house by a officer who was serving Murray a warrant. The reasons are unclear why he was shot or the officer who shot him. He was pronounced dead at the scene says police. Murray made headlines in 1999 when former Cowboys player, Nicky Saluna, overdosed and died from drugs sold by Murray. He was arrested at 20 and accused for drug trafficking. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 10 years in prison and was released in 2008. Later going back to jail in 2010 getting out in 2013.


So to many of you who just read this, Keelan Murray must sound like a pretty bad guy. He was constantly in and out of jail and was dealing drugs. However to me he was like a father. My mom knew Keelan when he was a teenager and there was no doubt that they had some chemistry but my mother knew about background and was not going to get into a relationship like that. When Keelan got out of jail in 2008 my mom and him started to see each other and later got engaged. I was 7 at the time and I loved Keelan, but he didn't get to stay long enough in my life and later went back to jail, after my mom broke off the engagement. Keelan cared so much about others he didn't even know. One time he noticed a man in a wheelchair trying to cross the road and the cars wouldn't stop. Keelan stepped out into the middle of the street to stop the cars and help the man cross. He is caring and selfless and a great writer, he was going to publish his writings but unfortunately never got around to it. After he got out of jail in 2013 I saw him again and I was so excited. He gave me a big, long, hug and I could tell that he was nervous too, from the shaking in his body. I didn't want to let go of him and I knew he didn't want to either. We could have stayed there all day. When I looked into his eyes all I saw was love and sadness. Keelan did what he did because that was the only way he knew to take care of the ones he loved. That doesn't justify what he did at all but when people ask me if he was a good person I can't help but say that he was a beautiful one. He was broken and nobody knew how to fix him not even himself and he fell into bad habits. When I look back I wish I could have gotten one more strong nervous hug from him and see him smile. I guess what I'm say is that in every criminal there is or once was a good person. I'm not going to act like he didn't have a bad history and I know Keelan wouldn't want me to. Words can't express my love for him.
                                               - Thank you so mush for reading my entire essay :)  


http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2016/12/07/duncanville-officer-fatally-shoots-person-operation-downtown-dallas

1 comment:

  1. Awww I read the whole thing. That's really sad, and I'm glad you found the good out of this situation. Also it's nice that you can give an extra background on him.

    ReplyDelete