Monday, May 13, 2013

Disney Princess Make Over- Kennedi Mayes







Disney's newest princess, Merida from Brave, has had her first makeover. She now has a leaner figure and a more woman- like facial features and her once unruly curly hair is now controlled curls. Lots of moms argue that this is going to take a negative toll on their daughter's self images. Personally, I don't like the makeover they've given her because it makes her less relatable. I hope Disney realizes this and changes her back to the way she originally was.

My Source:
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/merida-disney-princess-controversial-makeover-brave-heroine-really-224924634.html

2 comments:

  1. I think this was a really bad idea on Disney's part. Young girls will just strive to look like these Barbie doll-like figures and won't be happy with the way they look. I agree, I hope they change them back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I don't like it. The whole point of this disney character is that she's the first heroin in a disney movie. Not only that, she defies all the rules society sets up for women and girls. changing her makes her less appealing, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete