Monday, May 20, 2013

Boy Dies After Falling From Pogo Stick by Corsica Steding

A boy, seven years old,  fell from his pogo stick today and hit his head in Sydney.  Ambulance officers were called right away and told that the boy was unconscious and not breathing.  They pronounced him dead when they arrived.  The circumstances around the boy's death are being investigated by police.

This article was written today by Melissa Davey for The Sydney Morning Herald.  Before reading this article I hadn't heard of someone dying like this poor boy.  I think that it's very strange and that something else might have happened.  I know that pogo sticks aren't the easiest to maneuver, but this boy's death is still very unusual.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/boy-7-dies-after-falling-from-pogo-stick-20130521-2jxsg.html

3 comments:

  1. What.. was this boy like on top of a roof on his pogo stick and fell, or was this like just after he bounced and fell two feet???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad and so unusual. I have never in my life ever heard of someone dying that way. I wonder if maybe the boy already had something wrong with his head, and this just pushed it over the edge, or if he just fell extremely hard. I guess this is a huge warning to kids and anyone that uses Pogo sticks to be careful because you never know what may happen if something goes wrong. I hope this boys parents are recovering okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The circumstances around the boy's death are being investigated by police. https://fidgetsguide.com/best-pogo-sticks/

    ReplyDelete