Sunday, May 19, 2013

Murder in New York City Suspected to be a Hate Crime --by Sydney May

Sydney May

     In New York City, not too long ago, a man by the name of Marc Carson was shot and killed. He was outside of a pizza shop with his friend and they were approached by the suspect. According to my article, the man was threatening him and shouting anti-gay slurs at him, which is the reason police suspect this to be a hate crime. The two friends walked off, but were later found and re-approached by the suspect, who shot Carson right then and there. Carson suffered a shot to the head, and was dead almost immediately. This is such a sad thing to hear. People do not have the right to end someone's life based on an opinion. The article was written by Matthew DeLuca and was very factual. I did not sense any bias, and the article had quotes which are nice because they give you an insight on the situation. I think that this article was written for people who live in that area so that they can be aware of its happenings. This event is horrible. I am glad that the suspect was caught and arrested and I hope events like this stop happening soon.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/18/18342816-deadly-greenwich-village-shooting-possible-hate-crime-police-say?lite

6 comments:

  1. Wow! everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but no one has the right to kill someone because of them!
    -Kennedi Mayes

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just awful. Everyone has their own opinions and should be able to express themselves, but what this man did to Carson is just awful. I am so glad that the suspect was arrested because what he did is just terrible and so cruel. I don't know why someone would choose to end an innocent person's life. I hope another event like this never happens again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just sad . Joselopez 4th

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Nina and Kennedi! This is awful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is really sad and makes me angry. Just because you don't agree with someone's sexuality doesn't give you have the right to perform a hate crime. I am glad he was caught and is going to jail.

    ReplyDelete