Monday, September 23, 2013

"I will hurt you physicilly and metaphyisicilly" By Madelyn Winkelman

Hunter Spain, a student at Dinwiddie High School in Virginia , was requested to change the shirt he was wearing or to go home and select different attire. Hunter was wearing a famous Si Robertson t-shirt, with one of Si's quotes "I will hurt you physically and metaphysically" .He was asked to change because the school viewed it as someone giving off a threat to anyone who has not watched Duck Dynasty. Hunter was a good sport and changed shirts because " I'm not going to look stupid in front of all these young ladies in the school."


Really? He had to change!? I personally think this is rather ridiculous because lets be real, what teenager/fellow student would possibly view this as the wearer of the shirt giving off a threat? And the school said their reasons for this request is for those who have not seen Duck Dynasty, Hunter Spain lives in Virginia who hasn't watched it or at least heard of it in the South? Its just mind bobbling how this request was enforced but other dress code violations often go by without a single glance.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/student%E2%80%99s-duck-dynasty-t-shirt-deemed-%E2%80%98threatening%E2%80%99-200940225.html?vp=1

3 comments:

  1. I think it was right of the school, as many people could get the wrong idea. Many people would think he might be a killer or someone mental.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that the school took it too far. They could have just asked him to not wear the shirt again! That is, if they really think that someone reading a shirt would see the wearer as a threat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mia. Asking him to change the shirt was ridiculous. I guess I can understand why the did it, but I think it's a little overboard.

    ReplyDelete