Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pilot has a Heart Attack by Anna Pickett

     On a plane from Houston to Seattle, the plane had to do an unscheduled landing in Idaho. The pilot suffered a heart attack, and later died in the hospital. The emergency landing was handled well by the passengers on the plane. After the touchdown, firefighters took the pilot to the hospital. Another pilot was soon put on the plane to take the passengers to Seattle.
     I think it's awful that the pilot died from his heart attack. I know that it was a natural cause, but I still feel really bad about it. I'm glad that they were able to safely land the plane. I don't always feel like planes are very safe, but after reading that, after an event like this, they were able to stay safe, it definitely makes me feel like planes are safer. My prayers go out to the pilot's family.
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24309217

2 comments:

  1. I agree; it's really cool how they were able to land safely and nobody panicked too much. I also don't feel extremely safe while on planes, but this story reassures me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the plane landed safely so that no one else got hurt. I have never been on a plane before so I am not sure how it feels to be on one but this story makes planes seem much safer.

    ReplyDelete