Monday, September 16, 2013

Is veganism really healthy? By: Adrienne Healy

In 2009 1% of the human population was vegan but by 2010 it had jumped all the way up to 2%. But here's the thing is it really that healthy? If you arelook for a simply answer the yes it is a healthy life style. Studies show that vegans are at lower risk for heart Heart diseases. But they are also more Likely to have Vitamin deficiencies. Becoming a vegan is all about finding what's right for your body and If not Done wright could even harm you. so before you make such a big decision in your diet make sure you consult the doctor and figure out what's right for you. 

I Personally think veganism is a great thing I have tested out vegan diets mainly for allergy reasons and I found that after just a month of doing it I was more energized more awake and felt great! So what do you think are you going to try vegan diet?

11 comments:

  1. I have tried a vegan diet before! I can see it not being healthy because protein Is quite a factor played in living. Who am I to judge! Eat what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think keeping up with a vegan diet would be so hard! I can't imagine not eating a lot of the things I love. But if it's right for your body, by all means, do what makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am vegetarian and have been all my life. since my mother is vegan so am i most of the time so yes it is very hard to gets the things you need especially protein.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a vegetarian, and can't see myself ever becoming vegan! Because I am somewhat of a picky eater getting protein and vitamins are already kind of hard for me. I definitely agree with the part about going to see a doctor--I think vegan diets work for some people, but maybe not for all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know for a fact I could never be a vegetarian, I just love bacon to much! But to be a vegan must take so much self control, so I applaud those of you who can handle a lifestyle like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that being a vegan is something that is quite hard and I would never be able to do it, so I envy vegans for being able to go through with such a big decision!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a vegitarian and i think being a vegan is hard. I'm sorry, but I will not give up scrambled eggs or milkshakes just because i want to be healthy. I will eat cookies all day long if i feel like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think being vegan is great but i dont think i could do it it seems so hard

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I could be a vegetarian or a vegan. I would never be able to take away meat from my diet. It seems like it would be very hard and I think I would most likely cheat on my diet everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I could handle not eating some of the food I love, but maybe in the next few years i'll try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have actually tried a vegan diet for about 2 weeks and when I went back to meat and dairy again, I don't even know why I tried it because I missed it so much. Anyways, that's just my opinion. If the vegan diet works for you, then go for it!

    ReplyDelete