Friday, September 20, 2013

Twins That Protect - Max Gaddis

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/bullied-girl-whose-brother-wrote-viral-letter-santa-132438093--abc-news-parenting.html?vp=1

8-year old Amber Suffern was being bullied by other children at school. She has a couple of different mental disorders and the other kids would egg her on to do things. Their mother, being a single parent, told the children to write letters early to Santa. Her twin brother Ryan wrote that at first what he wanted for christmas was to get some toys, but now he just wishes for the bullying to stop. Their mother shared this with a few friends and it went viral around the world. Ryan even told the reporter that he wishes people would bully him instead of his sister because she felt like she wanted to die because of it. When the reporter heard she liked Big Time Rush, several people made an effort to reach them and they did a special concert and interview for Amber, Ryan, and their mother.

http://youtu.be/ltun92DfnPY

Bullying is a serious problem that needs to be addressed worldwide. It kills people each year, it makes people feel bad inside, it will slowly kill you even if you don't kill yourself. I know because I have been bullied. Everyday of 4th grade, I would dread going to Dealy Montessori because I knew that those same three girls would take things from me, push me, laugh at me, call me names, and throw away my work. Talking to the teacher didn't help either. She was the biggest bully of all. She would give me low grades on assignments, and other students would get higher grades even though they missed more questions than me. So you see, bullying is not just for teenagers or kids in high school, adults and children bully others too. Watch Cartoon Network's Stop Bullying campaign and see what you think about it.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that video is really sad and true, i do believe we need to stop bulling and school need to take preventative action to stop it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not to sadden the digital room or anything, but I'm not sure if bullying can actually be stopped. Its been present in human life since the beggining. Even though it is bad, its still in each and every one of us, in different forms towards different things, just some take it to the next level and show it in the real world. Even worse, some show it unto people. I believe this instinct can be surpressed, but not totally eradicated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the bullying really needs to stop. The same exact thing happened to me at Dealey in 4th grade my whole class was bullying me. It was a hard year but I got through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bullying is such an awful thing. I don't understand why people have the urge to be so cruel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand why a person feels the need to bully another person? what good does it do? all I know is that if I hurt someone's feelings it is by accident and never on purpose and I apologize immediately. bullying needs to stop.. how many deaths do we need to have until it does? 2 girls that I know committed suicide last year because of bullying, it is so sad..

    ReplyDelete