Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pastor killed while preaching by Katelyn McLane

A Louisiana pastor was shot and killed by two bullets fired by a gunman. The pastor was preaching in front of 50 to 60 other people when the gunman ran in and shot him. The man ran away after the incident, but confessed what he had done later to the police. He was charged with second degree murder and was sent to jail. The man, Woodrow Karey, has no other criminal history, and his motives for killing the pastor are unknown.

I find this horrifying. It's so strange that some people will just run in and kill someone for no apparent reason. It's good that this man confessed what he had done, but he really shouldn't have done it in the first place. There are so many other ways he could have solved whatever problem he had with the pastor. I'm atheist, but a pastor would have to say something really awful to me for me to even hate him, let alone kill him. I hope that the pastor's family is doing alright after this terribly unfortunate incident.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/28/us/louisiana-pastor-killed/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

3 comments:

  1. This is awful! I wonder what Karey's motives were for killing the pastor. Even if I don't agree with someone's beliefs, I would absolutely never kill them. This is just terrible! I hope the pastor's family is doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy obviously has issues that he could have taken to one of his friends, a psychiatrist, etc., but he decided to shoot a pastor that may or may not have been the object of his anger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would someone even think of doing that? Because he confessed, he could have been blackmailed or something, but that is just straight up terrible!

    ReplyDelete