Tuesday, March 19, 2013

5 Indian Men Admit to Rape-Kennedi Mayes

A Swiss woman vacationing to India with her husband was attacked in the streets by a group of Indian men. 5 of the men have been found to have raped her. The men attacked the couple with sticks, tied the husband up to a tree, raped his wife, and then stole their laptop and phones, which the police returned after they found most of the men. The couple is being treated for the crimes these men committed.

I can't believe things like this are so common in India and other places and girls are abused so easily! Every 20  minutes, a woman in India is raped. That's crazy!!!!!! I really hope the Indian government can find some way to control this issue. Women are people too and abusing any kind of person is wrong. It saddens me whenever I read a story like this.

My Source:
http://news.yahoo.com/indian-police-5-admit-raping-swiss-tourist-002719207.html

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely terrible. There needs to be a stop to all of this violence. This is so sad. I'm glad that they admitted to it and that they were caught. I hope the they get the punishment that they deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with zaria this is horrible I couldn't imagine what it is like over there. They defintley need to improve their crime rate and saftey patrol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is terrifying! It is so tragic that this is a common happening in that area of the world. There's too much violence and I wish we could help them more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with Sydney that is so terrifying. There is so much violence and I wish there's a way to stop it or a way I could help.

    ReplyDelete