Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Malala (Pakistani Teen)Heads Back to School-Molly Paley

                             Five months ago Malala, a Pakistani teenager, was shot in the head by the Taliban for protesting for women's right to education. She has since recovered and is soon attending school in the United Kingdom. Excited to return to school Malala says, ""I am so proud to wear the uniform because it proves I am a student and that I am living my life and learning." She and her father, who was appointed Head of the Education Department in Pakistan, have been threatened by the Taliban, but both of them have received international support. I think this story is hopeful; it is remarkable how quickly Malala has recovered. She is an inspiration to young teens around the world. Her courage is admirable.


3 comments: