Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Teen, Shot by Taliban, Back in School by: Rachel Devine

        Five months after she was shot by the Taliban, the Pakistani teen, Malala Yousafzai, has finally returned to school. The fifteen year old had been shot in the head in October, for campaigning for girls' education. She went to England to be treated immediately. "I am excited that today I have achieved my dream of going back to school," Malala said, "I want all girls in the world to have this basic opportunity." The teen's story moved Pakistan to vow that it would fight harder for girls' rights and against the Taliban.

        I admire Malala Yousafzai for her bravery. She stood up for what she wanted and although she almost died, she thankfully made it out okay. I am happy for her that she gets to return to her normal life now.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/19/world/asia/pakistan-malala-school/index.html
 

5 comments:

  1. I agree that she was extremely brave. It's good that Pakistan vowed to help girls, because Malala really did stand up for what she believed in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a relief that she's finally back to school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand why some cultures are so against women learning and operating on their own!!!!!!!!
    -Kennedi Mayes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malala is so amazing! Her bravery has inspired so many people and I'm so glad she gets to do what she wishes and go back into school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this makes me feel bad for not wanting to go to school some days.

    ReplyDelete