Sunday, March 31, 2013

Afganishtan base to close before 2013 ends?! By:Zaria Chambers

Australia has confirmed that it will close the main base in Afghanistan before the end of 2013. The Defense Minister Stephen Smith hopes that it will bring Australian troops back home by the end of the year. Most of the international troops are due to leave in 2014 but Australia hopes it to be sooner. There goal is that 1,000 troops will come home. Over 1,00 0 troops from Australia are stationed in Afghanistan.



I think that this is a good idea that they are closing the base. This will bring so many family members back to their families and it will stop the death of so many troops. I hope that there plan will succeed and that they can bring troops home safely. \


Source:
 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21934803

2 comments:

  1. I wish the countries would stop fighting. No one is getting anywhere other than 6ft under any time soon. I'm glad the Australian troops get to go back home:)
    Kennedi Mayes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited that Australian troops get to go home but I wish the American troops would come home too!

    ReplyDelete