Monday, November 28, 2016

Isabella Macey 3rd 6weeks #4

  At Ohio State University there was an "accidental" crash into pedestrians, along with people getting stabbed by a knife. It turned out a man who a year ago was talking about how he was nervous to pray his religion in public because of all the judgements being made on Muslims was the one who ended up doing this act.  His name is Abdul Artan. Mr. Artan became in the influence of doing this act by the Islamic State. Luckily nobody died but 11 staff memebers, students, and faculty were affected by him and the university was on lock down for an hour and half trying to find him after one of the campus police officers shot him.
  This is so crazy to me because he hated that people looked at him like he was a terrorist Muslim when he became one. I know all Muslims are obviously not terrorists because I have friends who are Muslim and they don't believe in hurting people. But it does worry me that if someone could go from not being okay with people who had the same religion as them and hurting people and then being okay with it and doing it it just really concerns me. What do you think about this situation?


http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/28/us/active-shooter-ohio-state-university.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com/

1 comment:

  1. I did the same topic for my blog and when I read article I was i shock. 9/11 15 years ago has changed the mindset of a lot of people. Thinking everyone who has "color" is "out to get them" and those who stand up for their right I support them all the way. But some go to extreme matters as in this case and I pray that one day racism will no longer exist.

    ReplyDelete