Monday, November 7, 2016

Time Change Health Risks by Victoria Valdez

The time has once again changed.  We may have gained an extra hour of sleep but we also gained an extra hour of darkness.  Research has shown that time change increases the rate of depression by 11%.  The time changes have also been related to increased heart attacks.  Although these medical situations have shown to rise during time changes, it appears that these health risks dissapate within 10 weeks after the time has changed.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/04/health/fall-back-time-transition-depression/index.html

Time change is hard on everybody.  We may have gotten an "extra" hour of sleep on that one day but the lasting effects on the body take a toll because of the time shift.  It seems the negatives really outweigh the positives.

4 comments:

  1. What causes change in time anyways

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally love this time of year. Not because of the increase in depression or anything, but i like how gloomy Dallas looks. Although the time shift affects people negatively, there's no way to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me personally doesn't like went it goes back , because it gets dark early like at 5:30 . It just make me sleepy .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like how we have to change our clocks where instead of 7:30, it's 6:30. I don't like how it gets darker earlier than I am used to. This change in time affects me negatively because if it is dark out at 5:00, I think it is very late out and that make me feel tired. I honestly don't think their is any point in changing the time. Personally, it just results in negative affects.

    ReplyDelete